Project Date: Jul-Thu-2-2015
Project Name: 5v Power Regulator
5v Power Regulator can be used to power the Decade Counter. This Power Regulator is based on a L7805CV (Linear Voltage Regulators 5.01 1.0A Positive).
- Prototype Breadboard.
- L7805CV (Linear Voltage Regulator).
- Electrolytic Capacitor 100uf and 10uf.
- Ceramic Capacitor 100nf.
- 9v Battery and Battery Holder.
- Jump Wires.
Electricity is the movement of electrons (lightest basic electrically-charged particle). Electrons create charge, and the specific charge they create is voltage, current, and resistance.
- Voltage – is the difference in charge of two points.
- Current – is the rate at which charge is flowing.
- Resistance – materials tendency to resist the flow of charge(current).
A Voltage Regulator is an electrical or electronic device that maintains the voltage of a power source within acceptable limits. The voltage regulator is needed to keep voltages within the authorize range that can be tolerated by the electrical equipment using that voltage.